Sunday, June 6, 2010

Interview with the divine Miss Alex Bloundele!



Name of business? Russian Doll Vintage
What did you study? Social and Cultural History

What is your favourite piece from your collection?

My favourite piece actually sold, it was a black lace 50's ball gown - absolutely beautiful and one of a kind, I was sad to see it go.


What are your hopes and dreams for the future?

I would love to own my own vintage shop, as well as having a range of my own dresses which have been made out of vintage fabrics and are of a vintage style.


What was your most memorable moment while in the We Are Open space?
It was all amazing, but my favourite parts were when customers would tell me their stories of their own clothing that they had worn in 50's/60's/70's etc. One lady actually brought me in a range of vintage costume jewellery that she no longer wore, which was so nice and generous of her. I felt very grateful towards all these people who supported the shop.

If you were commissioned to create a piece of street art, what would you do?

I would probably create a giant ball gown! I love big tulle dresses and if it were feasible i would wear one everyday of the week, haha! The giant ball gown would be a shelter and the underneath of the skirt would be filled with mirrors so if a girl/guy needs to sort out their hair, make-up or just check they look ok, then they can pop up and have a check out of the rain/wind/watchful eyes of others!
If you could be in an exhibition with any artists or designers, dead or alive, who would you choose?
Vivienne Westwood - I adore Queen Viv, I love her style, the clothes she makes, the shoes she sells and the handbags she wears. In my opinion she is one of the most iconic and diverse fashion designers of the later part of the twentieth century.

No comments:

Post a Comment